Skip to main content

... a signature and then it's done

Sadly I have gone through a divorce.  I hold absolutely no acrimony toward my ex-husband, and I am glad that I met him.  It has been amicable the whole time, and yesterday morning I was told that I could pick up the signed papers any time.

Ex was going to be in the area today, so we went to pick up the papers together and file them.  It took a little bit of a maze because I don't remember where in the world things are in the county buildings.  But we got to the right places.

And then we went to the clerk and filed the papers, and with a signature, it was done.

11 years (almost) of marriage, dissolved with a signature.  My signature.

I have treasured these 11 years in so many ways.  I have learned so much, experienced so much that I never would have if not for meeting J.  I know how to do so many things.  I can even hang drywall if I am careful and have the right folks with me who are strong enough to hold things in place.  I have hiked.  I have climbed 3 mountains in the Adirondacks.  Not high peaks, but still enough to have quite the adventure doing so.

I have hiked places that I never would have thought of hiking.

I know the difference between an impact driver and a drill.

 I know how to put together things more fluently because I understand how they work.

I see the elegance in someone driving a roofing nail in 3 strokes.

I know when a tool isn't working properly.

I know good hiking boots from bad ones.

I have been in mud up to my ankles.

And I even get interested in different wood types and grains.

I would never have done any of these had I not met Ex.

And I am eternally grateful.

Which is why those papers seem a little cold, and a little painful.

With a signature...

Popular posts from this blog