Skip to main content

Heart Crumble

 Yesterday some things were said out of defensiveness and anger, not entirely directed at me, but those things have cut me so deeply that I'm having trouble smiling at all today.  I feel like my world has just crumbled... or at the least a piece of my heart was made brittle and it was broken through.

Or did I actually build a wall around myself to protect my sensitivity?  And did a piece of mortar fall out amongst the stones where those words could enter and shock and hurt so deeply?

Or was it that I took down my wall for this person and allowed myself to be hurt?

I almost think it's the last.

If it is the last, then how can I keep myself from building up walls?  Should I allow myself to be hurt?  What happens if I am hurt again?  Will I scar?  If I scar, what will happen?

intense fragility.

Popular posts from this blog